Friday, February 22, 2008

Brown bear trains us


Just a little more Olympic Game Farm.

I think this guy was our favorite - he was so patient while he trained us...

This bear had been trained to wave. (The animals at the farm are performing animals - some retired - from movies, TV.) It didn't take him very long to train us, either. He only had to wave a couple of times before we threw some (whole grain with nuts) bread to him. You can buy loaves of bread at the gate with your entrance ticket.

This guy has his own enclosure. He's really big.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photography.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

He looks so fantastically cuddly but i know he could have your head off.

Troop 1309 said...

Nice photo. How funny that he waves.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

I was here four years ago. Did you not find it questionable? Feeding processed loafs of bread to bears whom I remember looking in poor health. And the way the wild cats were kept...yee gads....Am I PETA? no, but seriously.

Kris McCracken said...

The bear looks pretty healthy, nice size, nice coat.

I'd probably prefer to throw him a nice big salmon though!

I love the shot, by the way.