Saturday, April 19, 2008

The RAIN Capital???

I left the date
on these pictures
so as to have
proof of when I took them.
This is definitely
unseasonable
weather for Forks.
We're supposed to
be the RAIN capital,
and April showers
are supposed to be RAIN.



The snow is still coming down as I type this. We've gotten more than two inches already, and it keeps coming.




According to the weather
forecast, we'll get up to an inch
of snow. Oops.


We're certainly glad we
don't need to go anywhere,
and that we have firewood
still.

Our annual Rainfest festival
is next weekend...

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Maybe they will need to change the name of the festival.

Juneau Alaska Photos said...

Merry Christmas!
I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones experiencing crazy weather in April.:) Stay warm!

irongirl said...

I came by your site via Mary Helen's. I'm originally from Forks, born and raised. I moved away in the early 90's and find myself homesick often. I'm coming home this summer and I get to stay the entire summer. I am so looking forward to this trip.
Also...the pic you have on here of the loggers in the tree is my parents place out on the Sol Duc river.
I love your photos and your blog!
Thanks for sharing...

Kacy Irons
Kansas, USA